Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Sayre, PA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Sayre, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Walk through the following steps to get started and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. How do you feel about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick reality check goes a long way. The best way to start your Sayre home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Sayre based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Sayre home you've been dreaming about? If it's not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Sayre. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Sayre, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Sayre. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and looking for the perfect home in Sayre can be time-consuming. Turn to a real estate agent in Sayre who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Sayre real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! Estimate how much you may be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Sayre is to apply for a home loan. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Sayre. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.