Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Pittsburgh, PA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Pittsburgh, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Pittsburgh home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Pittsburgh based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Pittsburgh home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Pittsburgh. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Pittsburgh, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Pittsburgh, factor in your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Pittsburgh can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Pittsburgh who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Pittsburgh and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Give it a try. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Pittsburgh. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.