Get Familiar with the Lay of the Land in Johnstown, PA
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Johnstown? Awesome! You selected a colorful city with a great balance of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help make your house hunt, purchase, and move more streamlined. We serve 3.8 million customers nationwide and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the Johnstown housing market.
Johnstown is growing by the day, which means Johnstown homes don't always come cheap. Sustained economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to entice retirees, new businesses, and young families to the Johnstown area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. That said, Johnstown and the surrounding areas still offer an array of homes in price and amenities. You can find single-family homes, condos, townhomes, and (hopefully) your dream house! When buying a house in Johnstown, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If possible, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. Your home's location will influence almost every aspect of your life. Exploring Johnstown will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Johnstown differ from west Johnstown, where to find Johnstown's most popular attractions, and what the neighborhoods are like.
Are you financially prepared to buy a house in Johnstown? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We believe everyone can find their dream home and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. You don't even have to stick with your decision to buy a house in Johnstown. We work with new and experienced homeowners alike. Read through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Johnstown.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in Johnstown. Next, map out your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). You don't need an exact amount for these expenses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Johnstown will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Now, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help improve your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). Even so, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, consider your credit profile. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. The healthier your credit is, the more mortgage options you may have open to you— and more options are always good!
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Johnstown, PA
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like Johnstown. Contact Mr. Cooper as you look to buy a home in Johnstown. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.