Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Hatboro, PA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Hatboro, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Start the process with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. How do you feel about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick reality check goes a long way. A good way to begin your Hatboro home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Hatboro based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Hatboro home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Hatboro. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Hatboro, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Hatboro. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and discovering your perfect Hatboro home can really eat up the hours. Join forces with a real estate agent in Hatboro who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Hatboro real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Hatboro and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.