Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Bethlehem, PA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Bethlehem, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Start the process with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. How do you feel about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. The best way to start your Bethlehem home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Bethlehem based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Bethlehem home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Bethlehem. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Bethlehem, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Bethlehem. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Bethlehem can be time-consuming. Turn to a real estate agent in Bethlehem who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Bethlehem and potentially save thousands.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Bethlehem is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Bethlehem. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.