Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Bath, PA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Bath, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick reality check goes a long way. The best way to start your Bath home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Bath based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Bath home you want? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Bath. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Bath, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Bath. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and discovering your perfect Bath home can really eat up the hours. Turn to a real estate agent in Bath who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Bath and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Bath. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.