Exploring La Grande, OR From North to South
Thinking about buying a home in La Grande? Great idea! You selected a lively city with a dynamic selection of parks, businesses, and educational opportunities, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We service 3.8 million customers nationwide and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the La Grande housing market.
La Grande is growing by the day, which means La Grande homes don't always come cheap. Ongoing cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to entice retirees, new businesses, and young families to the La Grande area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Despite this, La Grande and its neighboring areas still offer an array of homes in price and amenities. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (fingers-crossed) your dream house! When looking to buy a house in La Grande, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If you can, test drive your trip from the house to work, school, and the grocery store. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Traveling around La Grande will also give you an idea of why homes in west La Grande are priced differently than homes in east La Grande, what the communities are like, and where to find La Grande's coolest attractions.
You're ready to buy a house in La Grande, but is your bank account? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make the journey less worrisome and more rewarding every step of the way. You could choose to buy a home in Oregon or elsewhere. We serve experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in La Grande.
Before anything else, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in La Grande. Next, add up the potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, homeowners association fees, home repairs, etc.). You don't need an exact amount for these expenses. Searching the web for La Grande averages will usually give you a solid estimate, though everyone's situation is different. Remember that the bulk of your monthly homeowner expenses could be your monthly mortgage payment.
Then, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. Placing a minimum of 20% down can improve your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). Even so, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is one of the main factors that lenders look at when considering your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and more options are always good!
It's Go Time! Buy a House in La Grande, OR
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like La Grande. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in La Grande. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.