Exploring Dickinson, ND From North to South
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Dickinson? Awesome! You picked a lively city with an ideal amount of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We serve 3.8 million customers across the country and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the Dickinson housing market.
Dickinson is growing by the day, which means Dickinson homes don't always come cheap. Sustained economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to beckon entrepreneurs, retirees, and new graduates to the Dickinson area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Even so, Dickinson and the surrounding areas still offer a variety of home styles and prices. You can find duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and (ideally) your perfect home! When buying a house in Dickinson, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If possible, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. Your home's location will influence almost every aspect of your life. Exploring Dickinson will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Dickinson differ from west Dickinson, what the communities are like, and where to find Dickinson's coolest attractions.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Dickinson? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and try our best to make the journey easier and more rewarding. You could choose to buy a home in North Dakota or elsewhere. We work with new and experienced homeowners alike. Read through the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Dickinson.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Dickinson. Then, map out your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Dickinson will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Then, figure out what a realistic down payment would be for you. Placing a minimum of 20% down can increase your chances of getting a favorable rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is one of the main factors that lenders look at when considering your mortgage application. The healthier your credit is, the more mortgage options you may have open to you— and who doesn't want more choices in life?
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Dickinson, ND
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like Dickinson. Contact Mr. Cooper as you get ready to buy a house in Dickinson. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.