Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Rome, NY
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Rome, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Start the process with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to start your Rome home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Rome based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Rome home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Rome. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Rome, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Provide a few more personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Rome, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Rome. Partner with a real estate agent in Rome who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Rome and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Rome is to apply for a home loan. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Rome and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.