Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Hicksville, NY
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Hicksville. Start the process with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A good way to start your Hicksville home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Hicksville based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Hicksville home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Hicksville. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Hicksville, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Hicksville, don't forget to budget your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and looking for the perfect home in Hicksville can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Hicksville who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Hicksville and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Hicksville is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Hicksville. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.