Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Auburn, NY
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Auburn, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to start your Auburn home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Auburn based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Auburn home you want? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Auburn. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Auburn, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Auburn, factor in your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and discovering your perfect Auburn home can really eat up the hours. Partner with a real estate agent in Auburn who takes care of the tedious work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Auburn and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Auburn is to apply for a home loan. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Auburn and give us a call. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.