Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Hobbs, NM
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Hobbs, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. How do you feel about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick reality check goes a long way. A good way to begin your Hobbs home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Hobbs based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Hobbs home you want? If it's not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Hobbs. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Hobbs, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Hobbs. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Hobbs can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Hobbs who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Hobbs real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Hobbs. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.