Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Fernley, NV
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A great way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Fernley, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. What are your general thoughts about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A solid way to begin your Fernley home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Fernley based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Fernley home you want? If not, consider looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Fernley. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Fernley, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Fernley, factor in your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Fernley. Partner with a real estate agent in Fernley who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Fernley real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Fernley. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.