Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Sikeston, MO
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. One of the best ways to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Sikeston, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. What are your general thoughts about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A little "gut check" can go a long way. The best way to start your Sikeston home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Sikeston based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Sikeston home you've been dreaming about? If it's not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Sikeston. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Sikeston, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Sikeston. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Sikeston can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Sikeston who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Sikeston and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Give it a try. See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Sikeston is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances ready to buy a home in Sikeston and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.