Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in White Bear Lake, MN
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A good way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in White Bear Lake, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to start your White Bear Lake home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in White Bear Lake based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the White Bear Lake home you've been dreaming about? If not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in White Bear Lake. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in White Bear Lake, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Provide a few more personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in White Bear Lake. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and discovering your perfect White Bear Lake home can really eat up the hours. Partner with a real estate agent in White Bear Lake who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in White Bear Lake and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Give it a try. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in White Bear Lake is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances ready to buy a home in White Bear Lake and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.