Understanding the Savage, MN Housing Landscape
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Savage? Awesome! You selected a lively city with an ideal amount of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We support 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and know the Savage housing market well.
Savage's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Ongoing economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to attract young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Savage area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. That said, Savage and its nearby areas still offer a variety of homes in price and amenities. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (fingers-crossed) your dream house! When buying a house in Savage, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If you can, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Discovering different parts of Savage will help you see how the northern part differs from the southern part, what the neighborhoods are like, and where to find Savage's hottest attractions.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Savage? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. You could choose to buy a home in Minnesota or elsewhere. We support new and experienced homeowners alike. Start with the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Savage.
Before anything else, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Savage. Next, map out your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Savage will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Then, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. Putting at least 20% down will boost your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is one of the main factors that lenders look at when considering your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and more options are always good!
Make Your Move: Buy a Home in Savage, MN
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Savage. Contact Mr. Cooper as you get ready to buy a house in Savage. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.