Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Moorhead, MN
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. One of the best ways to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Moorhead, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Start the process with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. The best way to begin your Moorhead home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Moorhead based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Moorhead home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Moorhead. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Moorhead, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Moorhead, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Moorhead can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Moorhead who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Moorhead and potentially save thousands.* Try it! See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Moorhead and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.