Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Chaska, MN
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. One of the best ways to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Chaska, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick reality check goes a long way. A solid way to begin your Chaska home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Chaska based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Chaska home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If it's not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Chaska. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Chaska, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
Don't forget to budget your time when doing the math on how you can afford to buy a house in Chaska. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Chaska can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Chaska who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Chaska and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Give it a try. Estimate how much you may be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Chaska is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Chaska. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.