Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Ferndale, MI
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Ferndale, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Walk through the following steps to get started and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A little "gut check" can go a long way. The best way to begin your Ferndale home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Ferndale based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Ferndale home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, consider buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Ferndale. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Ferndale, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Ferndale, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in Ferndale can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Ferndale who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Ferndale and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Ferndale is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Ferndale. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.