Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Wilmington, MA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Wilmington, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Start the process with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A solid way to start your Wilmington home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Wilmington based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Wilmington home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Wilmington. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Wilmington, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Wilmington, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Wilmington. Partner with a real estate agent in Wilmington who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Wilmington real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Wilmington. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.