Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Westport, MA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A good way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Westport, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Get started with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. How do you feel about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to begin your Westport home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Westport based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Westport home you want? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's time to prequalify for a home in Westport. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Westport, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Westport, factor in your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Westport can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in Westport who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Westport and potentially save thousands.* Try it! See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Partner with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Westport. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.