Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Wakefield, MA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A good way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Wakefield, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Get started with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick reality check goes a long way. The best way to start your Wakefield home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can calculate how much house you can afford in Wakefield based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Wakefield home you want? If not, consider looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Wakefield. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Wakefield, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Wakefield, factor in your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and discovering your perfect Wakefield home can really eat up the hours. Turn to a real estate agent in Wakefield who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Wakefield real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Wakefield. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.