Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Saugus, MA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Saugus. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. How do you feel about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. The best way to start your Saugus home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Saugus based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Saugus home you've been dreaming about? If it's not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Saugus. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Saugus, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Share a couple more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Saugus, factor in your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Saugus. Partner with a real estate agent in Saugus who takes care of the tedious work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Saugus and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Give it a try. See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive personalized support from the moment you dream of owning a home to the reality of holding the keys in your hand. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Saugus and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.