Understanding the Raynham, MA Housing Landscape
Thinking about buying a home in Raynham? Smart move! You've chosen a vibrant city with a great balance of parks, businesses, and educational opportunities, and we're here to help make your house hunt, purchase, and move more streamlined. We service 3.8 million customers nationwide and know the Raynham housing market well.
Raynham is growing by the day, which means Raynham homes don't always come cheap. Ongoing cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to attract young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Raynham area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. Despite this, Raynham and the surrounding areas still offer a variety of home types and prices. You can find duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and (fingers-crossed) your dream home! When buying a home in Raynham, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If possible, test drive your trip from the house to work, school, and the grocery store. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Traveling around Raynham will also give you an idea of why homes in west Raynham are priced differently than homes in east Raynham, what the communities are like, and where to find Raynham's coolest attractions.
You're ready to buy a house in Raynham, but is your bank account? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We believe everyone can find their dream home and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. You don't even have to stick with your decision to buy a house in Raynham. We serve experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Start with the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Raynham.
Before anything else, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Raynham. Then, add up the potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). You don't need an exact amount for these expenses. Searching the web for Raynham averages will usually give you a solid estimate, though everyone's situation is different. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Now, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help boost your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). Even so, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is an important part of your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and more options are always good!
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Raynham, MA
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Raynham. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Raynham. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.