Exploring Pittsfield, MA From North to South
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Pittsfield? Great idea! You've chosen a vibrant city with a great balance of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help make your house hunt, purchase, and move more streamlined. We serve 3.8 million customers nationwide and know the Pittsfield housing market well.
Given all of Massachusetts's growth, Pittsfield homes aren't always easy to find at a comfortable price. Ongoing support for local businesses and cultural growth have helped to attract young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Pittsfield area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. That said, Pittsfield and its nearby areas still offer a variety of home types and prices. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (ideally) your dream house! When looking to buy a house in Pittsfield, consider how near or far away the home is from the places you visit most. If possible, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Traveling around Pittsfield will also give you an idea of why homes in west Pittsfield are priced differently than homes in east Pittsfield, where to find Pittsfield's most popular attractions, and what the neighborhoods are like.
Are you financially prepared to buy a house in Pittsfield? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make the journey less worrisome and more rewarding every step of the way. You could choose to buy a home in Massachusetts or elsewhere. We serve first-time homeowners and experienced homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Pittsfield.
Before anything else, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in Pittsfield. Then, map out your potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Pittsfield will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Then, look at how much money you can put toward a down payment. Putting at least 20% down will boost your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Getting prequalified helps you know how much you might be eligible to borrow from a lender. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is one of the main factors that lenders look at when considering your mortgage application. The healthier your credit is, the more mortgage options you may have open to you— and options are always a good thing!
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Pittsfield, MA
Moving remains one of the biggest stressors, despite being a practically universal experience. But when you get to live in a stellar city like Pittsfield, moving doesn't seem so challenging. Contact Mr. Cooper as you look to buy a home in Pittsfield. We're here for you from start to finish and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.