Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Pittsfield, MA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Pittsfield. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. How do you feel about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A little "gut check" can go a long way. The best way to start your Pittsfield home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can estimate about how much house you can afford in Pittsfield based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Pittsfield home you want? If not, consider increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Pittsfield. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Pittsfield, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Pittsfield, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Pittsfield. Partner with a real estate agent in Pittsfield who does the legwork for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Pittsfield and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Pittsfield is to apply for a home loan. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Pittsfield. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.