Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Lexington, MA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. One of the best ways to make sure that happens is to prepare for your home purchase ahead of time. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Lexington, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Start the process with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Take a look at your finances—the whole landscape. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A good way to begin your Lexington home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Lexington based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Lexington home you want? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Lexington. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Lexington, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Lexington, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Lexington. Turn to a real estate agent in Lexington who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Lexington real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Lexington and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.