Exploring Haverhill, MA From North to South
Strongly considering a home purchase in Haverhill? Smart move! You've chosen a vibrant city with an ideal amount of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We support 3.8 million customers nationwide and know the Haverhill housing market well.
Haverhill's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Sustained cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to beckon retirees, new businesses, and young families to the Haverhill area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. Despite this, Haverhill and its nearby areas still offer a wide range of home styles and prices. You can find single-family homes, condos, townhomes, and (ideally) your dream house! When looking to buy a house in Haverhill, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If you can, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Discovering different parts of Haverhill will help you see how the northern part differs from the southern part, what the communities are like, and where to find Haverhill's coolest attractions.
You're ready to buy a house in Haverhill, but is your bank account? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We believe everyone can find their dream home and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in Massachusetts or somewhere else entirely. We work with experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Start with the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Haverhill.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Haverhill. Then, jot down your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Haverhill will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Next, figure out what a realistic down payment would be for you. Placing a minimum of 20% down can increase your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Getting prequalified helps you know how much you might be eligible to borrow from a lender. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is an important part of your mortgage application. The healthier your credit is, the more mortgage options you may have open to you— and options are always a good thing!
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Haverhill, MA
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Haverhill. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Haverhill. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a top-performing real estate agent who can potentially save you thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.