Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Groton, MA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Groton, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Get started with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to discuss strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. The best way to start your Groton home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's put some real numbers down. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can calculate how much house you can afford in Groton based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Groton home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Groton. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's based on some financial information you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool makes it easy. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Groton, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Groton, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and discovering your perfect Groton home can really eat up the hours. Join forces with a real estate agent in Groton who takes care of the tedious work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Groton real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Groton is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Call now and let us help you ready your finances to buy a house in Groton. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.