Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Fairhaven, MA
Your home should be a retreat from the worries of the world, not a place where new worries begin. A good way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Fairhaven, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Start the process with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. How do you feel about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to start your Fairhaven home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can calculate how much house you can afford in Fairhaven based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Fairhaven home you've been dreaming about? If not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it will, then take the next step in the homeownership journey with Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Fairhaven. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Fairhaven, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Follow that information with a few personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Fairhaven, factor in your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Fairhaven. Turn to a real estate agent in Fairhaven who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Fairhaven and potentially save thousands.* Try it—there's no strings attached. Get an idea of how much you might be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They're pros when it comes to what it takes to buy a house and will work hard to find the right loan for you.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Fairhaven and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.