Exploring Brookline, MA From North to South
Strongly considering a home purchase in Brookline? Congratulations! You picked a lively city with a great balance of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We service 3.8 million customers across the country and have the inside scoop on Brookline's housing scene.
Brookline's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Ongoing cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to beckon young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Brookline area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Despite this, Brookline and the surrounding areas still offer an array of home styles and prices. You can find single-family homes, condos, townhomes, and (fingers-crossed) your dream home! When buying a home in Brookline, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If you can, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Discovering different parts of Brookline will help you see how the northern part differs from the southern part, what the communities are like, and where to find Brookline's coolest attractions.
Are you financially prepared to buy a house in Brookline? Reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you don't know how to go about answering that question. We believe in keeping the dream of homeownership alive and try our best to make the journey easier and more rewarding. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in Massachusetts or somewhere else entirely. We work with new and experienced homeowners alike. Read through the following steps to help you figure out if your finances are in the right place to buy a house in Brookline.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in Brookline. Next, add up the potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Brookline will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Next, figure out what a realistic down payment would be for you. Putting at least 20% down will improve your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. This is where getting prequalified for a mortgage comes in handy. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, consider your credit profile. Credit history is an important part of your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and options are always a good thing!
It's Go Time! Buy a House in Brookline, MA
Moving remains one of the biggest stressors, despite being a practically universal experience. But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like Brookline. Contact Mr. Cooper as you get ready to buy a house in Brookline. We're here to help you along the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.