Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Beverly, MA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. A good way to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Beverly. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A little "gut check" can go a long way. The best way to begin your Beverly home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can calculate how much house you can afford in Beverly based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this price range get you into the Beverly home you've been dreaming about? If not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Beverly. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Beverly, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're almost prequalified. The process is simple and your prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Beverly, don't forget to budget your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Beverly. Join forces with a real estate agent in Beverly who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Beverly and potentially save thousands.* Give it a try. Estimate how much you may be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. Can you see the finish line? Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
The house of your dreams is waiting for you and your loved ones. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Beverly and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.