Get Familiar with the Lay of the Land in Owensboro, KY
Thinking about buying a home in Owensboro? Smart move! You picked an energetic city with a dynamic selection of parks, businesses, and educational opportunities, and we're here to help make your house hunt, purchase, and move more streamlined. We support 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and know the Owensboro housing market well.
Owensboro is growing by the day, which means Owensboro homes don't always come cheap. Ongoing support for local businesses and cultural growth have helped to attract retirees, new businesses, and young families to the Owensboro area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. That said, Owensboro and the surrounding areas still offer a variety of home styles and prices. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (fingers-crossed) your dream house! When looking to buy a house in Owensboro, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If possible, test drive your trip from the house to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Discovering different parts of Owensboro will help you see how the northern part differs from the southern part, what the communities are like, and where to find Owensboro's coolest attractions.
You're ready to buy a house in Owensboro, but is your bank account? Reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you don't know how to go about answering that question. We believe in keeping the dream of homeownership alive and try our best to make the journey easier and more rewarding. You could choose to buy a home in Kentucky or elsewhere. We serve experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Start with the following steps to help you figure out if your finances are in the right place to buy a house in Owensboro.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help determine the price range for your Owensboro house hunt. Then, map out your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Owensboro will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Next, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help improve your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). However, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, check your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and more options are always good!
It's Go Time! Buy a House in Owensboro, KY
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But when you get to live in a stellar city like Owensboro, moving doesn't seem so challenging. Contact Mr. Cooper as you look to buy a home in Owensboro. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a top-performing real estate agent who can potentially save you thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.