Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Hays, KS
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. One of the best ways to make that happen is to be financially prepared for your home purchase before you set foot in an open house. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Hays, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Get started with the following steps and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to streamline the process.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. Are you confident about your financial situation, credit history, savings, and current monthly expenses? A little "gut check" can go a long way. A solid way to begin your Hays home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's "put pencil to paper," as they say. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Hays based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Does this number fit your vision? Is it enough to get you into the Hays home you want? If it's not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Hays. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. Prequalification is also an opportunity to learn more about your various mortgage options and determine which one is right for you. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in Hays, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Hays, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and discovering your perfect Hays home can really eat up the hours. Turn to a real estate agent in Hays who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Hays and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! See just how much you could save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Hays is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
Your dream home, or as we like to say, "The One" is waiting for you! Get your finances in order to buy a house in Hays. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.