Exploring Waukegan, IL From North to South
Thinking about buying a home in Waukegan? Smart move! You picked an energetic city with a great balance of parks, businesses, and educational opportunities, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We support 3.8 million customers across the country and have the inside scoop on Waukegan's housing scene.
Given all of Illinois's growth, Waukegan homes aren't always easy to find at a comfortable price. Sustained economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to entice retirees, new businesses, and young families to the Waukegan area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Even so, Waukegan and the surrounding areas still offer a variety of home styles and prices. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (hopefully) your dream home! When buying a house in Waukegan, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If you can, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. Your house's location will affect everything, from your morning routine to how you spend your evenings. Traveling around Waukegan will also give you an idea of why homes in west Waukegan are priced differently than homes in east Waukegan, where to find Waukegan's most popular attractions, and what the neighborhoods are like.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Waukegan? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We believe everyone can find their dream home and try our best to make the journey easier and more rewarding. You don't even have to stick with your decision to buy a house in Waukegan. We help first-time homeowners and experienced homeowners alike. Start with the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Waukegan.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help you set a price range while house shopping in Waukegan. Then, jot down your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, homeowners association fees, home repairs, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Waukegan will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that your monthly mortgage payment could make up the bulk of your monthly home expenses.
Now, look at how much money you can put toward a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help boost your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. This is where getting prequalified for a mortgage comes in handy. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, consider your credit profile. Credit history is one of the main factors that lenders look at when considering your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and options are always a good thing!
It's Go Time! Buy a House in Waukegan, IL
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Waukegan. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Waukegan. We're here for you from start to finish and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.