Exploring Romeoville, IL From North to South
Strongly considering a home purchase in Romeoville? Smart move! You picked a vibrant city with a great balance of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We service 3.8 million customers from coast to coast and know the Romeoville housing market well.
Romeoville's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Sustained economic growth and cultural expansion have helped to beckon young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Romeoville area, but that much change also highlights the need for better infrastructure, larger schools, and a more diverse housing market. Even so, Romeoville and its neighboring areas still offer an array of home styles and prices. You can find townhomes, condos, single-family homes, duplexes, and (fingers-crossed) your perfect home! When looking to buy a house in Romeoville, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If you can, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Exploring Romeoville will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Romeoville differ from west Romeoville, what the communities are like, and where to find Romeoville's coolest attractions.
Are you financially prepared to buy a house in Romeoville? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make the journey less worrisome and more rewarding every step of the way. You could choose to buy a home in Illinois or elsewhere. We help experienced homeowners and first-time homeowners alike. Start with the following steps to help you figure out if your finances are in the right place to buy a house in Romeoville.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Romeoville. After that, add up the potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, home repairs, homeowners association fees, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Romeoville will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Next, consider how much you can contribute to a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help increase your chances of getting a favorable rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). However, the minimum down payment requirements depend on the type of loan. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Getting prequalified will give you an idea of how much you might qualify to borrow. Also, consider your credit profile. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and options are always a good thing!
Make Your Move: Buy a Home in Romeoville, IL
As common as moving is, you'd think we'd all have figured out a less stressful way to do it. And yet, it remains a top stressor in life! But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Romeoville. Contact Mr. Cooper as you get ready to buy a house in Romeoville. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.