Get Familiar with the Lay of the Land in Highland, IL
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Highland? Awesome! You selected a vibrant city with a dynamic selection of businesses, schools, restaurants and parks, and we're here to help make your home purchase and move a little easier. We support 3.8 million customers across the country and have the inside scoop on Highland's housing scene.
Given all of Illinois's growth, Highland homes aren't always easy to find at a comfortable price. Ongoing cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to beckon young families, new businesses, and retirees to the Highland area, but so much change also means a strain on housing options, school capacities, and city roads. That said, Highland and its neighboring areas still offer a wide range of home styles and prices. You can find duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and (hopefully) your dream house! When buying a home in Highland, consider how near or far away the home is from the places you visit most. If possible, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. Your home's location will influence almost every aspect of your life. Traveling around Highland will also give you an idea of why homes in west Highland are priced differently than homes in east Highland, where to find Highland's most popular attractions, and what the neighborhoods are like.
Are your finances in the right place to buy a home in Highland? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and work to make the journey less worrisome and more rewarding every step of the way. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in Illinois or somewhere else entirely. We help new and experienced homeowners alike. Read through the following steps to help you see if you're in a good financial position to buy a house in Highland.
First, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Highland. Next, jot down your potential monthly payments (including property taxes, insurance, homeowners association fees, home repairs, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. While everyone's situation is different, an online search for Highland averages will usually give you some solid estimates. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Next, look at how much money you can put toward a down payment. A down payment of at least 20% can help increase your odds of getting a good rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). However, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. At this stage, getting prequalified for a loan can be extremely helpful. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is an important part of your mortgage application. The healthier your credit is, the more mortgage options you may have open to you— and who doesn't want more choices in life?
It's Go Time! Buy a House in Highland, IL
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like Highland. Contact Mr. Cooper as you prepare to buy a house in Highland. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.