Money Wise Tips for Affording a Home in Geneva, IL
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. One of the best ways to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in Geneva, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Start the process with the following steps and reach out to a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your savings, current debt, monthly expenses, and credit history? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A good way to start your Geneva home buying journey is with a healthy credit history, a good handle on your current expenses, and enough savings for a minimum 20% down payment.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Geneva based on income or your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment. Will this number get you into the Geneva home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If it's not, think about increasing your down payment or looking in surrounding areas. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Geneva. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Get started using Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you'd like to buy a home in Geneva, the property type, how you anticipate using the property, and whether or not you're currently working with a real estate professional. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Geneva, factor in your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Geneva can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Geneva who does the bulk of the work for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Geneva real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
The last step in preparing your finances to buy a house in Geneva is to apply for a home loan. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll receive one-on-one support throughout the home loan, purchase, and closing process. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals today. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Geneva and give us a call. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.