Get Familiar with the Lay of the Land in Lithonia, GA
Ready to lay down some roots and buy a house in Lithonia? Congratulations! You picked a vibrant city with an ideal amount of parks, businesses, and educational opportunities, and we're here to help make your house hunt, purchase, and move more streamlined. We support 3.8 million customers nationwide and know the Lithonia housing market well.
Lithonia's amazing growth has made it a great place to live. But on the flip side, the growth has also led to a shortage of cheaper homes. Sustained cultural expansion and economic growth have helped to entice entrepreneurs, retirees, and new graduates to the Lithonia area, but so much change also means more traffic, more competition, and a need for more schools. Despite this, Lithonia and its neighboring areas still offer an array of home styles and prices. You can find duplexes, single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and (hopefully) your dream home! When buying a house in Lithonia, consider the home's location in relation to your everyday activities. If possible, test drive your route to work, school, and the grocery store. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Exploring Lithonia will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Lithonia differ from west Lithonia, what the communities are like, and where to find Lithonia's coolest attractions.
You're ready to buy a house in Lithonia, but is your bank account? If you're not sure how to answer that question, contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional. We think the dream of homeownership should never fade and try our best to make the journey easier and more rewarding. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in Georgia or somewhere else entirely. We work with new and experienced homeowners alike. Read through the following steps to help you figure out if your finances are in the right place to buy a house in Lithonia.
Before anything else, calculate how much house you can afford. This will help you narrow your search when house hunting in Lithonia. Next, add up the potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). It's okay if these numbers are educated guesses. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Lithonia will usually point you in the right direction. Keep in mind that a mortgage payment could make up the majority of most homeowners’ monthly household expenses.
Next, look at how much money you can put toward a down payment. Putting at least 20% down will boost your chances of getting a favorable rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). Even so, down payment requirements can differ depending on the loan type. Here's where it can help to get prequalified for a mortgage. Prequalification points you in the right direction as far as how much you may be eligible to borrow. Also, take a good look at your credit. Credit history is an important part of your mortgage application. You may be presented with more mortgage options if you have healthy credit— and more options are always good!
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Lithonia, GA
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving can also be incredibly rewarding, especially when you get to live in an amazing city like Lithonia. Contact Mr. Cooper as you look to buy a home in Lithonia. We're here to help you along the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even connect you with a high-performing real estate agent who may be able to help you save thousands.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.