Your Step-by-Step Guide to Afford to Buy a House in Whittier, CA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. One of the best ways to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when it might be better to wait until your situation improves and when you're in a financially strong enough position to buy a home in Whittier. Walk through the following steps to get started and call a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. Are you confident about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick check-in with yourself can get you on the right path. A solid way to start your Whittier home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Use Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator to see where your budget stands. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in Whittier based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the Whittier home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If not, think about buying a house in a surrounding area or boosting your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
You're ready to prequalify for a house in Whittier. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Whittier, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Type in your likely purchase price and down payment. Provide a few more personal details and you're clicks away from being prequalified. The process is straightforward. Prequalification lasts 120 days.
When crunching the numbers on how you'll afford to buy a home in Whittier, factor in your time, too. Your time is one resource that's non-refundable and non-renewable, and finding your perfect house can be time-consuming, especially in Whittier. Join forces with a real estate agent in Whittier who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing Whittier real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Give it a try. Estimate how much you may be able to save on closing costs and real estate commissions with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the final step in getting your finances ready for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They are home buying experts who will work their hardest to present you with the best loan options possible.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in Whittier and give us a call. You can start on the path to homeownership today!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.