Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in Walnut Creek, CA
You want your home to be a haven of happiness, not a financial burden. A great way to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Be honest with yourself to determine if you can afford to buy a house in Walnut Creek, or if you should hold off until your situation is different. Start the process with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Evaluate every angle of your finances. What are your general thoughts about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick reality check goes a long way. A good way to begin your Walnut Creek home buying journey is with confidence, a strong credit history, enough savings for a down payment, and a good handle on your current expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. See where your budget stands with Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator. How's it looking? You can calculate how much house you can afford in Walnut Creek based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this price range get you into the Walnut Creek home you've been dreaming about? If not, consider looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it's a good number, then call Mr. Cooper. It's time to move on to the next step in the homeownership journey!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in Walnut Creek. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's the result of some financial details you provide and a credit check. The prequalification stage is also a great time to work with your lender to find the right mortgage options for you. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you want to buy a house in Walnut Creek, the property type, how you're going to use the property, and if you currently have a real estate agent. Enter your expected down payment and purchase price. Share a couple more personal details and you’re on your way to getting prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in Walnut Creek, don't forget to budget your time, too. Minutes and seconds are things you never get back, and looking for the perfect home in Walnut Creek can be time-consuming. Join forces with a real estate agent in Walnut Creek who does the bulk of the work for you. You can get connected with a top-performing real estate agent in Walnut Creek and potentially save thousands with Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards.* Try it! Estimate how much you may be able to save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. The finish line is right around the corner! Work with a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper, and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances in order to buy a house in Walnut Creek. Let's get you started on your path to homeownership!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.