Steps to Afford to Buy a Home in North Highlands, CA
Help make sure your home isn't a source of financial stress. One of the best ways to ensure that happens is to ready your finances beforehand. Know when you can afford to buy a home in North Highlands, and when it might be better to wait until your situation changes. Get started with the following steps and contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional to talk strategy.
Examine your finances. Look at the whole picture. What are your general thoughts about your current monthly expenses, credit history, and savings? A quick reality check goes a long way. The best way to begin your North Highlands home buying journey is with adequate savings for a down payment, a strong credit history, and a good grasp on your everyday expenses.
Now, let's play with some real numbers. Plug in some numbers to Mr. Cooper's affordability calculator and see where you (and your budget) stand. You can get an idea of how much house you can afford to buy in North Highlands based on your desired maximum monthly mortgage payment and income. Will this number get you into the North Highlands home or neighborhood you've had your eye on? If it's not, think about looking in surrounding areas or increasing your down payment. If it will, then move on to your next step. Call Mr. Cooper!
It's the right time to prequalify for a house in North Highlands. Prequalification is a more formal estimate of how much of a home loan you could get approved for. It's calculated based on a credit check and a couple of financial details you provide. Prequalification is also a chance to learn about your mortgage options and work with your lender to find the right fit. Start with Mr. Cooper’s online prequalification tool. Let us know where you’re looking to buy a home in North Highlands, the type of property you’d like to buy, how you plan on using the property, and if you’re currently working with a real estate agent. Enter your expected purchase price and down payment. Follow that information with a few personal details and you're almost prequalified. It's a simple process and prequalification lasts 120 days.
When figuring out what it will take to afford to buy a home in North Highlands, don't forget to budget your time, too. Time is non-renewable and non-refundable, and looking for the perfect home in North Highlands can be time-consuming. Partner with a real estate agent in North Highlands who does the legwork for you. With Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards, you can get personal assistance from a high-performing North Highlands real estate agent and potentially save thousands of dollars.* Try it! See just how much you could save on real estate commissions and closing costs with Mr. Cooper’s Real Estate Rewards calculator.
Applying for a home loan is the last step in preparing your finances for a home purchase. You're almost at the finish line! Let a home loan servicer like Mr. Cooper guide you in the process and you'll gain the distinct advantage of one-on-one support all along the way—from loan to closing. Call Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professionals. They know the details of buying a home, inside and out, and will work to find the loan that fits you best.
"Home" has never mattered more than it does right now. Get your finances ready to buy a home in North Highlands and give us a call. The path to homeownership is right in front of you!
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.