Get Familiar with the Lay of the Land in Coachella, CA
Thinking about buying a home in Coachella? Great idea! You selected an energetic city with a great balance of educational opportunities, businesses, and parks, and we're here to help the home purchase process go a little smoother. We serve 3.8 million customers across the country and are familiar with the ins-and-outs of the Coachella housing market.
Coachella is growing by the day, which means Coachella homes don't always come cheap. Sustained support for local businesses and cultural growth have helped to beckon entrepreneurs, retirees, and new graduates to the Coachella area, but so much change also means a strain on housing options, school capacities, and city roads. Despite this, Coachella and the surrounding areas still offer a wide range of home types and prices. You can find single-family homes, condos, townhomes, and (hopefully) your dream home! When looking to buy a house in Coachella, double check that you're factoring in the home's distance from your daily activities. If possible, drive the route you'd take from the house to your school, office, and favorite hangout spot. The location of your house will impact virtually every part of your life. Exploring Coachella will also help you get a feel for how homes in east Coachella differ from west Coachella, what the neighborhoods are like, and where to find Coachella's hottest attractions.
You're ready to buy a house in Coachella, but is your bank account? Contact a Mr. Cooper Mortgage Professional if you're unsure of your answer. We believe everyone can find their dream home and work to make every stage of the journey more enjoyable and less worrisome. It doesn't matter whether you want to buy a home in California or somewhere else entirely. We support new and experienced homeowners alike. Walk through the following steps to help you determine if you're financially ready to buy a home in Coachella.
First, estimate how much house you can afford. This will help determine the price range for your Coachella house hunt. Then, map out your potential monthly payments (including home repairs, insurance, homeowners association fees, property taxes, etc.). No need to have an exact amount. Everyone's situation will differ, but a quick online search for average expenses in Coachella will usually point you in the right direction. Remember that the bulk of your monthly homeowner expenses could be your monthly mortgage payment.
Now, figure out what a realistic down payment would be for you. Placing a minimum of 20% down can increase your chances of getting a great rate and will allow you to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). That said, the required down payment will depend on the type of loan you get. This is where getting prequalified for a mortgage comes in handy. Getting prequalified helps you know how much you might be eligible to borrow from a lender. Also, check your credit. Lenders place a high importance on credit history when looking at your mortgage application. The better your credit is, the more mortgage options you may be presented with— and more options are always good!
Move Up and Out: Buying Your Dream House in Coachella, CA
While moving is a universal experience, it remains one of the top stressors that a person can experience in life. But moving feels more rewarding when you get to live in a place like Coachella. Contact Mr. Cooper as you get ready to buy a house in Coachella. We're here for you every step of the way and Mr. Cooper® Real Estate Rewards can even put you in touch with a vetted real estate agent who can potentially help you save thousands of dollars.*
- Buyer’s Bonus Credit is not available in AK, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, OK, OR & TN.
- ** Listing Commission Disclosure: Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards agents have agreed to 1.99% seller’s agent commission and recommend 2% buyer’s agent commission for a total listing commission of 3.99%. Buyer’s agent commission can be changed at seller’s discretion.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is offered by Xome. Inc., an affiliate of Mr. Cooper. Referrals to Xome may provide a financial benefit to Mr. Cooper. You are not required to use a real estate agent on the Xome panel as a condition of receiving a loan from Mr. Cooper, and such use will have no impact on any loan application to Mr. Cooper.
- This is an advertisement and not intended as a solicitation for agent representation if your property is currently listed with an agent. Visit Xome's licensing page https://www.xome.com/auctions/licensing.
- Xome Inc. & Xome CT LLC [Davis E. Owen, Sr.‐Broker] (for CT properties] & Xome PR LLC (for PR properties), 750 Hwy 121 BYP, Suite 100, Lewisville, TX 75067.
- Mr. Cooper Real Estate Rewards is a service mark of Nationstar Mortgage LLC.
- This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. This offer is nontransferable and may not be combined with any other mortgage offer. Advertised offer is subject to change. If a personal code is present on the advertised offer, you must provide such code to claim the offer. We may gather information about you including, but not limited to, credit bureau information, information for verification of income, information for appraisal and verification of property being used for collateral. We also verify your identity. Income, assets, and debt must meet eligibility requirements as established by Government and/or Lender guidelines.